The Garth Brooks Tour and LSU Athletics encourage guests at the April 30 concert at Tiger Stadium to plan ahead, show up early and expect delays.
With a sold-out audience for Saturday’s historic concert and multiple events scheduled on campus throughout the day — including home baseball, softball and track and field events — LSU Athletics officials anticipate heavy traffic to and from throughout the day the campus.
The best way to navigate campus throughout Saturday is to use the Waze app, which provides real-time updates on the best routes to parking lots.
Here are some other important pointers to keep in mind before attending Saturday’s show:
For all the latest Garth Brooks concert information, go to LSUSports.net/GarthBrooks.
FREE PARKING DAY
Free parking opens at 7am throughout campus. Use the link below for free plot locations.
Weather permitting, the Old Front Nine will also open at 7am on the day of the event for free parking.
The parking lot at the golf course opens at 3:00 p.m.
PAID PARKING DAY
Limited paid parking is available on the day of the concert due to baseball and softball events. Please note the following lots with opening hours:
- Lots 408 and 409 – open at 5 p.m. – cost $30
- Lot 104 – open at 4:00 p.m. – costs $40
- All lots are cashless. Credit card only.
6:00 p.m. – RV sites open
7am – Lots open, staff/ADA shuttles running
1:00 p.m. – Will Call opens – Main LSU ticket office
4:00 p.m. – Lot 104 lot sale day
14:00 – 17:00 – TigerOne, VisitBR – PMAC South Pad
5 p.m. – Gates open
- NOTE: Metal detectors are deployed at gate entrances
- NOTE: The gates are expected to open at 17:00 but may be delayed (or open earlier) due to the sound check at the stadium.
7pm – Start of the show
- NOTE: Saturday’s show includes a surprise opening act.
10:30pm – End of alcohol sales
- NOTE: This is 30 minutes later than originally planned.
Everyone, regardless of age, must have a ticket.
Download your tickets to your wallet before arriving at the stadium.
If fans are having difficulties or issues scanning tickets, please contact the ticket office on North Stadium Drive or near Gate 20 for assistance.
Customers assume all risk for tickets purchased through a source other than Ticketmaster.
Fans cannot exit and re-enter the stadium.
CLEAR BAG POLICY
Guests must be aware that the Clear Bag Policy applies to the concert and should plan accordingly. The only bags, packages or containers that may be carried by fans when approaching the stadium are the following:
- Clear plastic, vinyl, or PVC bag no larger than 12″ x 6″ x 12″.
- 1 gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar).
- Small clutch or handbags, camera and binocular bags no larger than 4.5″ x 6.5″ with or without a handle or strap.
- A full description and list of prohibited items can be found here.
- Medical Baggage Control – Gates 10, 14, 20, 21 & SW Roll Gate
CONCESSIONS & SANITARIES
Fans are not allowed to bring any outside food or drink, including water, into the stadium.
Additional portable toilets will be added at Tiger Stadium to reduce wait times, but guests should expect delays.
During the concert, all food and beverages can only be purchased with a debit or credit card. Tiger Stadium will be a cashless venue for the concert.
Wristband stations for floor tickets are located in the lower south, south-east and south-west halls. You must have a floor wristband to access the floor seating areas.
Guests are expected to sit in their chairs during the concert and are not allowed to enter the aisles while the artist is on stage.
LSU is a smoke-free campus. Smoking is prohibited inside and outside of Tiger Stadium.
Merchandise and clothing kiosks are located throughout Tiger Stadium and outside the stadium at designated gates.
The current locations are:
- Lower West Hall
- SW Lower Concourse near Section 410
- South Lower Concourse near Section 405
- NE Lower near Gate 10
- SE Lower near Gate 11
- West Club
- south club
- Upper East near Section 632
- Upper West near Section 617
- South end of the stadium floor
- Outside Gate 1
- Outside Gate 6
- Outside Gate 20
- PMAC South Pad
Medicine, Custody, Fan Behavior, Maintenance
Send an SMS with your location and problem to LSU 69050.
We will provide portable toilets throughout campus as well as building toilets. All toilet locations can be found on the Find a Toilet tab on LSUsports.net/GarthBrooks
Map for reference:
Additional portable toilets will be available at the stadium to help with queues, but expect long waits.
- The streets Nordstadion, Südstadion and Weststadion will be closed to general traffic from 7 a.m. until the end of the event.
- The campus will not be restricted to permits until 7am.
- After the concert – Dr. Nicholson from Skip Bertman to the entrance of lot 104
- After the concert – Skip Nicholson’s Bertman to the Railroad Tracks
- After the concert – Nicholson Southbound only from West Chimes to Skip Bertman
Prepaid ADA parking is on lot 401. We will also have free ADA parking in the back of lot 406. A shuttle will be available to take ADA guests from lot 406 to lot 101 at the stadium. The shuttle will pick you up in front of the Nicholson Gateway after the concert.
Due to a large number of vehicles expected, we will go counter-current after the concert. Note that the zone you park in indicates which direction you will be heading when you exit. The arrows on our parking map will help you. Below we have given the directions by zones:
- Pink Zone: Take the North exit onto Nicholson Dr toward I-10
- Orange Zone: Head east towards Highland Rd, primarily through Dalrymple Dr.
- Green Zone: Exit west on Skip Bertman towards River Rd, then choose to go north or south on River Rd
- Yellow Zone: Vehicles on lots 404 and 401 exit south on Nicholson. Vehicles on lots 400, 402, and 403 exit westbound on South Quad Dr
- Blue Zone: Head west off campus on either South Stadium Dr or South Quad Dr towards Highland Rd