As a Kraken fan, it can’t get more exciting than opening the 2021-22 NHL season against rivals Vegas in just seven weeks. Then, just after Seattle’s extremely loud Kraken home ice advantage was used against even greater rivals Vancouver in the Oct. 23 home opener at the Climate Pledge Arena.
How do you prepare for it?
We have the answer.
The Kraken announce on Tuesday an official membership program for all fans that will surpass any fan club in the sport. It’s called “The Depths” and will, without discussion, be the “deepest experience in ice hockey”.
The program is open to fans everywhere, whether you live in a Pacific Northwest zip code or around the world like Skelleftea, Sweden; Melfort, Saskatchewan; Raahe, Finland; Mississauga, Ontario; Green Bay, WI; Rosenheim, Germany; and Copenhagen, Denmark, among other players’ hometowns.
The Depths program is your personal invitation to become a Kraken fan, with insider access and experience you won’t find anywhere else.
“This is our fan club, which is heavily access-focused,” said Katie Townsend, Kraken’s senior vice president of marketing and communications. “Access to exclusive merchandise and special discounts, game tickets, team practices at the Kraken Community Iceplex, behind-the-scenes content, VIP events and much more.”
A lot more. Registration for The Depths is now open KrakenMembership.com. The program costs $90 per season and offers an impressive list of benefits not to be missed, including discounts that can quickly cover annual costs:
- The chance to be among the very first fans to purchase and receive an authentic Kraken jersey. The sooner fans register by August 29th, the sooner fans can be randomly selected via email to be guaranteed one of 3,000 jerseys before anyone else. Winning fans will pick up these jerseys at the Kraken Community Iceplex when the jerseys go on sale on September 15th.
- Priority access to ongoing single-game ticket releases for Kraken home dates. Additional members-only ticket access options to see the Kraken game at the Climate Pledge Arena will be announced in the coming weeks.
- Sign up for your special members-only welcome gift, delivered straight to your door, and look forward to an annual gift curated by The Depths staff.
- Special access to training camp events. Get an early overview of how the team is developing on the ice. You can explore Kraken trainer Dave Hakstol’s approach to training and start picking your favorite players!
- Attend members-only events featuring Kraken players and trainers. Submit ongoing fan questions that The Depths content staff will get answers to.
- Dive into behind-the-scenes stories and videos, such as: B. Kraken Forward Brandon Tanev mic toured the Climate Pledge Arena with five teammates for the first time. Plus, dive deep into Hockey 101 stories for newbies and dive into expert Alison Lukas’s Analytics for Beginners lesson plan.
- Shop at private members-only events and during special members-only hours to discover new collections of Kraken gear.
- Get your chance to be a winner of The Depths Sweepstakes throughout the season. Here are five competitions to get you started: Win a signed jersey, special luxury ice-level seats for a home game, and a chance to win tickets to see Trevor Noah, The Weeknd or Eric Church at the Climate Pledge Arena.
- There are even more ways to cover membership costs: 10 percent off all youth and adult hockey and ice skating classes at the Kraken Community Center; a 20 percent discount on admission to the Pacific Science Center’s Ice Hockey Expo this fall; 15 percent discount on wine purchases from St. Michelle Wines Estates and more to be announced.
Tod Leiweke, CEO of Kraken, calls all of these benefits “payback for fans’ emotional investment.” With each milestone reached, from team naming to player selection in the NHL Expansion Draft, the Kraken waiting list grew.
“We knew we had to do something to create a community, and ‘The Depths’ is exactly that,” Townsend said. “But we will also always provide content and opportunities for interaction via nhl.com/kraken.”
Our fans invest in tickets, but much more important are the emotions and passion of our fans across the region and really across the world,” said Leiweke. “There are so many ways fans can follow our team these days. We want to do our best for ticket holders and anyone who wants to be part of the Kraken.
“The membership program just keeps getting better. We’ll see how fans react to the opportunities and continue to innovate.”
Don’t miss out on the latest benefits and future innovations. You can register today at KrakenMembership.com.
“We’re excited to launch our membership program ahead of our inaugural season,” said Townsend. “We know our fan base is strong, and we want to create a community where people can come together and share their passion for the Kraken.
“When you wrap it all up, it’s incredible value for fans who want to be Kraken Insiders.”